GOALS AND PRIORITIES
Touchstone’s 50th Anniversary is a tremendous milestone. It is also the perfect moment to activate our vision for the future. Over the last five years, we’ve studied, surveyed, planned, and collaborated to inform and define what’s needed and what’s next. Our goals are aspirational, but they reflect needs that are urgent, immediate, and future-focused. We must renew and enhance our creative environment, increase local and regional impact and our contributions to the future of the field. We must sustain our present while we build and expand our legacy of leadership in craft education.
Touchstone will complete and initiate campus upgrades to increase user safety, enhance current programming, and create capacity for growth. Upgrades are designed and prioritized to serve Touchstone’s immediate needs with future growth and development in mind.
Systems: electrical, water, and emergency/campus lighting
Safety and Campus Livability: HVAC, studio ventilation, and safety features
Areas of Excellence: noborigama kiln rebuild and ceramic studio expansion planning, roof and siding repairs for
the studios; studio enhancements
Accessibility and Inclusivity: prioritizing the construction of an ADA compliant, gender-neutral bathhouse
TOUCHSTONE'S NEXT 50 YEARS DEPENDS ON THE GENEROSITY OF OUR COMMUNITY TODAY
Touchstone will build on its tradition of artistic excellence and contributions to the development of the national craft field by increasing support for emerging artists, creating a pipeline for career development, and working with individuals and organizations to help diversify the field. Through these initiatives and sustaining capacity investments, Touchstone will increase connection to the local and regional community serving as a dynamic force in the creative economy.
“I gained so much!
1) time, well equipped space, and support system to make a body of work that I am really excited about.
2) I felt I received a healthy amount of publicity through Touchstone’s advertising and social media attention.
3) I made professional connections.
4) Through Touchstone, I received the opportunity to interview for a really exciting long-term position relevant to my interests and career goals and was able to secure the position I wanted.
5) I gained experience working with/for a non-profit in the field of art and will be taking that experience with me to my new job.
6) I gained life-long professional connections, resources, and friendships.”
Touchstone Annual Fund
Touchstone’s readiness for the next 50 years depends on the growth and reliability of annual and unrestricted support from an ever-increasing number of individuals. Through the Anniversary Campaign, we welcome the participation of donors at all levels. These essential funds will be used to sustain current programs and operations and to address new areas of need as they arise. We’ll make timely investments in our facilities while providing new and expanded opportunities for community engagement.