All workshop participants must be at least 18 years of age unless otherwise noted.
Registration Guidelines and Tips
- Workshop registrations are taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Workshops fill quickly – register as early as possible!
- Waitlists are created for all workshops at capacity.
- A 50% tuition deposit plus applicable registration fees are required at the time of enrollment. 100% tuition and applicable registration fees are required to enroll in date nights, community wood firings, and youth (ages 5-13) workshops.
- All balances on tuition, lodging, and meals must be paid in full six weeks prior to the start date of the workshop.
- Materials and studio fees are separate from tuition fees and are to be paid in full once finalized (typically two weeks prior to class).
- Space in a workshop is only guaranteed to registrants who have paid in full six weeks prior to the start date of class. Those with unpaid balances may forfeit their space if payment is not made per policy.
Refunds and Cancellations
Touchstone makes every effort to run each scheduled workshop; however, the organization reserves the right to cancel a workshop for any reason (primarily low enrollment). Touchstone will make cancellation notifications at least 14 days ahead of the start date of onsite workshops and at least 7 days ahead of virtual workshops. If Touchstone cancels a workshop, participants will be able to 1) transfer to another workshop without incurring a transfer fee, 2) receive a full refund, or 3) donate a portion/all of their workshop fees to Touchstone’s scholarship program to benefit deserving students (Touchstone is a charitable 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, EIN 23-7259132).
The Cancellation Policy has been modified each season since the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic. The Policy may change as WHO/CDC/local regulations and guidelines change. Our current policy is as follows:
- Participants who cancel more than six (6) weeks prior to the start date of their workshop will receive all monies less the nonrefundable processing fee and reduced cancellation fee (15% of the total tuition price).
- Participants who cancel between three and six (3-6) weeks prior to the start date of their workshop will receive a 50% refund of all monies paid to Touchstone. This includes tuition, housing, meals, materials, and other fees.
- Participants who cancel less than three (3) weeks prior to the start date of their workshop will not receive a refund for any monies paid.
- Stay home if you are sick! If you need to cancel less than three (3) weeks prior to your workshop because of an unexpected illness (COVID-19), you may qualify for credit for paid tuition and housing to be used by the end of the 2024 season. Meals and materials fees are nonrefundable and will not be issued a credit.
- Date nights, community wood firings, and youth workshops are nonrefundable unless canceled by Touchstone.
- Touchstone is not responsible for materials purchases or nonrefundable prepaid travel and/or off-campus lodging arrangements made by workshop participants in case of any cancellation.
Balances are due in full six weeks prior to the start date of the workshop. If you have not canceled your workshop per the Cancellation Policy and we are unable to collect your balance, your seat in the workshop will not be guaranteed nor will you receive a credit or refund for monies paid.
Contact the office as soon as possible if you wish to transfer to a different workshop. A transfer fee of $20 (per transfer) will be added to your final invoice. Transfers must be processed more than 30 days prior to the start date of the workshop from which you wish to transfer.
Returned Check Fee
The returned check fee for insufficient funds is $40. Touchstone incurs a fee from the bank which is then passed on to the participant. The fee will be added to your invoice, and payment along with the original deposit/balance must be paid to guarantee your space in the workshop.
Travel or Other Arrangements
Touchstone is not responsible for any non-refundable deposits, fees, or purchases paid towards materials, travel, and/or accommodations by workshop participants. This includes airplane/bus/train/other tickets, automobile rentals, baggage fees, hotel reservations, and/or contracts with third party or rental services such as Airbnb, VRBO, etc. as well as any other related fees/expenses in relation to workshops, regardless of whether a workshop is held or canceled.
Materials & Studio Fees
Materials and studio fees are charged to participants based on studio usage and materials Touchstone is providing at the request of the instructor. Instructors may require that you bring certain materials and tools with you, in which case a list will be provided. The final cost of these fees is typically posted two weeks prior to the workshop and is to be paid in full before check-in. Touchstone is not responsible for any non-refundable purchases of materials made for workshops by participants, regardless of whether a workshop is held or canceled.
Touchstone posts all information regarding materials to help you prepare for your workshop(s). Fee ranges will be posted when a final price is not yet determined; ranges include the minimum to the maximum amount expected to be paid by workshop participants. Materials lists noting what participants should bring to their workshop may be found as a downloadable PDF under each respective workshop listing on their respective workshop pages on our website.